Saturday, October 29, 2005

 
Still working on a final wrap-up. I'll probably get to that on Sunday.

Meanwhile, did I mention that my sister has an album out? I guess I should do that. Her website is here, and includes a link to CDBaby where you can buy the CD.

My favorite track (mainly because it skews closest to my taste) is the bouncy 4 Seconds of Silence, which rarely fails to put me in a good mood. Backing vocals (the "ooh-ooh-oohs") remind me of some Jonathan Richman song or other, and the vibe is actually as sunny as Richman's best. But, um, she doesn't sound anything like him. I just want to be clear on that point. I haven't had a chance to check the CDBaby streams, but by all means give the track Symmetry a listen too, assuming that the sound/length is good enough to get a sense of it.

There's also a fairly radical reworking of Somewhere Over The Rainbow that does some interesting things with the song.

4 Seconds Of Silence by Nora Paoli



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?